Storage Made Easy have released a new version of its secure multi-cloud data management solution the Enterprise File Fabric
Highlights of the new 2106 version include:
Product Feature Updates:
- SMBStream™ Office to office file acceleration: Part of the M-Stream® family of features,this new product feature enables a File Fabric instance to securely connect to SMB shares without being co-located on the same network, enabling cross site and region connectivity with the Enterprise File Fabric. SMBStream™ is 10x faster than a typical VPN and is tolerant to high latency and dropped packets. SMBStream™ is filer agnostic and compatible with on-premises NAS or Windows File shares, or Cloud-based SMB shares such as Nasuni, Amazon FSx or Azure Files.
- Updated Microsoft Teams App: The File Fabric’s enhanced Microsoft Teams integration
delivers secured, controlled access to existing file shares and other storage services, such as Amazon S3 / FSx, Azure Blob etc whilst being directly embedded within Microsoft Teams. Advanced integration points facilitate secure file sharing and collaboration workflows for existing corporate data , directly from within MS Teams.
- New AutoCAD Previewer: This new previewer enables the Web File Manager to preview AutoCAD files stored on remote file storage and object storage (any of the 60+ storage endpoints the File Fabric supports) with the DWG and DXF extension.
- Data Automation Rule Enhancements: The File Fabric’s Data Automation Rules have
been extended in several ways including allowing automatic transcoding of uploaded or
discovered files, and invocation of user-supplied webhooks when qualifying content is
- Secure Link Sharing Update: This new update contains many enhancements to the File
Fabric’s secure file and folder link sharing capabilities. This includes: named (external) user link sharing, two-step link sharing verifications, increased policy controls, and more.
- The File Fabric’s SMB Connector can now use SAML for delegated authentication.
This can be a corporate SAML implementation or a third party implementation such as
OKTA or OneLogin. The integration enables SAML single-sign-on authentication to SMB
shared resources for end users, which can often be a pre-requisite for cyber insurance
- The tightly integrated content search engine has been upgraded to Solr 8. This
facilitates full content search of any of the 60+ on-premises and on-cloud storage solutions that the File Fabric supports.
- Audit event Log updates:
Improved schema changes
Millisecond responses enables Time Series audit data integration
Audit Event Stream improvements
- M-Stream® Fast File Transfer WAN Acceleration:
Cross bucket transfer acceleration improvements
Improved browser uploading of large files sets
- Enhancements to all connectors: File Fabric administrators can now choose the
location of versioned files, and storage level locking can be controlled per provider.
- RStor, SoftNAS, Qumulo, Pixit Storage, Seagate Lyve, NetApp Object Storage, NetApp
Global File Cache and Lucidlink have been added as certified storage connectors.
James Norman, Engineering Manager at SME said: “This landmark release delivers on the
expanding requirements of many organisations as they look to support post-COVID working environments. The product’s increased focus on integration with collaboration tools, such as Microsoft Teams, through to accelerating on-premises and off-premises access for internal and external users, emphasises the product’s relevance to the many companies embracing remote and hybrid office working cultures.”