Internet software provider Mavenir can execute and take advantage of the cloud to change the way the world is connected native software on any cloud to construct the future of the Internet, the company announced Has supported the deployment and integration of cloud native communication network functions using communication infrastructure solutions on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
The cooperation between Mavenir and AWS enables communication service providers (CSP) to use AWS’ computing infrastructure, advanced container deployment and management technologies, and massive data analysis services to deploy Mavenir’s market-leading 4G and 5G products and applications.
The solution aims to extend and leverage the same tools and technologies that AWS provides to today’s enterprise applications. Such tools are the basis for the visibility and automation of any product using AWS, and are often referred to as platform as a service (PaaS).
This means that some communication applications will be transferred to cloud functions, reducing complexity, and bringing service providers closer to organizations that enjoy the cost savings brought by cloud migration without losing insight into their networks, Efficiency and control.
Another key element of this partnership is to bring the edge to implement proprietary network and deployed on AWS, Mavenir by the digital support platform (Digital Enablement platform) to provide support.
With a digital application store suitable for enterprises and various Industry 4.0 applications such as IVA, augmented reality/virtual reality (AR/VR), industrial Internet of things (IIoT) and robotics control, Mavenir’s edge AI application suite It will empower the ecosystem of developers, service providers, partners and enterprises to create and deploy applications in AWS, and support digitalization and Industry 4.0 through 5G.
The cooperation also reduces the time and cost of network deployment for mobile network operators (MNOs) and enterprises. Both are implementing the following use cases: adding 5G and edge functions to existing networks, or launching and leveraging public clouds Greenfield 4G/5G network.
Sidd Chenumolu, vice president of technology development at DISH, said: “The cooperation with Mavenir and AWS allows us to take advantage of the speed and agility of the AWS cloud and Mavenir’s expertise in deploying and operating cloud-native network functions in a true cloud-native way. Build our 5G network and information platform. Through cooperation, we will help customers make full use of the potential of 5G, reshape wireless connectivity, and allow customers to customize their own network experience.”
Mavenir Chief Strategy Officer Bejoy Pankajakshan said: “The collaboration with AWS allows us to bring new customer-centric 5G use cases and 5G deployments to market faster, and has unique features that can realize the true potential of 5G. Mavenir’s solution aims Supporting comprehensive public cloud and hybrid cloud deployment.”
Amir Rao, General Manager of AWS Communication Solutions Portfolio and Technology Alliance, said: “We are very pleased to work with Mavenir to provide voice and communication solutions for core network and RAN customers, as well as artificial intelligence/machine learning for coordination and observability ( AI/ML) solutions.
Also Read: [ Wireless Cellular Market Is Booming Due To 5G Networks Expansion | Subscribe our Newsletter for more updates]
Through cooperation, we will provide CSP customers with true cloud-native benefits, combining Mavenir’s expertise in the network function virtualization (NFV) market with the global scale of AWS infrastructure to respond to agility, Industrial challenges such as scalability, slicing, and flexibility.”
Mavenir’s 4G and 5G deployment on AWS will bring unique features, including:
- Realize the integration of Mavenir’s cloud-native open RAN (vDU, vCU-CP, vCU-UP), converged 4G/5G packet core, IMS and messaging through Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (Amazon EKS) in any location that supports AWS Outposts
- Use AWS platform services and tools to deploy and manage cloud native network functions.
- Existing deployments can choose to migrate Mavenir’s IMS core, voice and messaging solutions to Amazon EKS and Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) infrastructure.
- Mavenir’s coordination and network slicing solution can manage hybrid cloud workloads executed on AWS.
- Use AWS to centrally manage remote, network edge, and core workloads at the same time.
- Deploy Mavenir’s standard observability framework, RIC, NWDAF, AIOps and analysis platform in AWS, collect data from different AWS nodes in a centralized data lake, and use AI/ML to process the data to obtain the entire network Insights and optimization.
- Integrate Mavenir’s communication adaptation layer (Telco PaaS) as a common platform adaptation layer using open source code for communication-specific workloads to support various carrier-level requirements in addition to Amazon EKS and AWS PaaS functions.