KAONMEDIA, a leader in broadband and residential terminals and digital set-top boxes, and ASSIA, a leader in broadband network connectivity solutions, announced that ASSIA’s CloudCheck™ Wi-Fi solution will be available as a fully integrated part of KAON’s Wi-Fi product portfolio.
CloudCheck Wi-Fi technology provides dynamic management of home Wi-Fi networks. The joint solution aims to bring business-grade reliability to residential home networks and high performance necessary to run life-critical applications including work-from-home, telemedicine, distance-learning.
The award-winning CloudCheck solution utilizes a cloud-based automated learning system to predict and mitigate connectivity problems proactively before the problems affect consumer experience. The solution also brings industry-leading proactive decision support systems for call centers, dispatch, field technicians, maintenance and network planning operations of broadband ISPs.
“We may be seeing the emergence of a new class of service, a premium residential service, similar to enterprise-grade connectivity at least for the work-at-home devices. Ability to identify, monitor, and prioritize those devices is important going forward. Partnering with KAON to deliver these abilities over prpl, in OpenWRT and RDK-B environments will help ISPs and ecosystem participants in building next-generation work-from-home infrastructure,” said Tuncay Cil, Chief Strategy Officer of ASSIA.
“Many home Wi-Fi service providers have required effective home Wi-Fi management even before the stay-at-home regime of the COVID-19 pandemic. This need has been greatly amplified and changed in nature due to the increase in connectivity,” said Richard KIM, EVP and Head of Global Business Development of KAON. “The CloudCheck Wi-Fi solution supports industry standards and is one of the most innovative of our partners’ in-home network management segment. Our partnership with ASSIA enables us to better support our customers’ high-performance Wi-Fi management needs as well as our roadmap for innovating in the industry standardization efforts.”
CloudCheck Wi-Fi integration with KAON product portfolio features:
- AI-based optimization allows dynamic learning of rapidly changing home network conditions under multiple networks, users, application conditions.
- End-user-driven optimization empowers subscribers to prioritize performance to devices of choice when they want.
- Intelligent self-help brings technician level trouble-shooting capabilities to subscribers and simplifies installation and troubleshooting 24×7.
- Service Operations Center and Network Operations Center Decision Engine enables proactive ISP operations including call center, dispatch, field technician, network maintenance and planning.
- Vendor agnostic 3rd party application options for Cyber Security, Home Security, Wellness, Elderly-care applications.