Astea International Inc., a leading global provider of field service management (FSM) and mobility solutions, announced that GfTD, one of Germany’s leading full-service companies for the telecommunications market, entrusted Astea’s industry expertise and its Alliance Enterprise™ FSM platform to support its rapid workforce expansion, streamline its largescale operation and ensure uninterrupted 24/7 operation of its customers’ mission-critical communication systems.
Companies throughout Germany entrust GfTD with the maintenance, repair and smooth operation of their telecommunications systems. The company’s successful business growth necessitated that they expand their workforce by more than five times in the span of a couple of weeks, which meant that they needed a new FSM solution implemented rapidly by a proven team of experts. In addition to rapid implementation to support its massive workforce expansion—which included the addition of nearly 500 field technicians in 2019 alone—GfTD needed a dynamic and robust off-the-shelf FSM solution requiring zero customizations that would automate workflows to increase technician efficiency and enable them to provide unparalleled, 24/7 service to its customers.
Astea’s full-service lifecycle management solution, Alliance Enterprise, provides GfTD with a comprehensive set of capabilities including:
- optimized scheduling and utilization of technicians
- mobile workforce management to seamlessly connect field technicians with back office
- enablement of sharing of resources for faster issue resolution
- knowledge management for improved internal collaboration and communication
- seamless and rapid integration with its largest customer’s service ticketing system
- full German language translations across the solution suite
- all capabilities will collectively help optimize every aspect of GfTD’s service-centric operations