Most organizations indicated that self-service business intelligence (BI) is vital in 2021 and beyond, claims a recent Dresner study.
Business intelligence tools are being prioritized by businesses worldwide to streamline enterprise workflow management. The long-promoted claim of self-service Bussiness Intelligence for robust analytics solutions and business tools – is now proven and functioning.
These interesting insights came up from the latest report by Dresner Advisory Services. The research study is focused on evolving trends and end-user deployment attitudes around self-service business intelligence.
Jira, Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft Teams are the most common enterprise collaborative frameworks that are in use currently, incorporated in self-service Bussiness Intelligence platforms. Significantly, the governance goals of enterprises drive most of the collaborations, content creations, and sharing across the BI self-service ecosystem.
The collaborative BI and user governance can fabricate a business environment where the users can effortlessly create as well as share insights in a managed and consistent pattern. Since 2017, self-service BI has continued as an essential tool by different sizes of organizations – claims the study.
The principal highlights from the study are –
- The self-service BI is highly critical for businesses lately as it is considered the 6th most essential among various technologies and initiatives toward business intelligence operations.
- It has been decisive for businesses globally in 2020, and it is trending consistently.
- Marketing & sales professionals have rated the data storytelling feature of self-service BI tools with the highest score and revealed it is a must-have for them.
- Finance, BICC, and executive management teams are the following most interested users.
- Nearly 60% of R&D teams consider self-service business intelligence highly essential for their ongoing projects and other initiatives.
- The two fundamental collaborative features within self-service business intelligence solution –
- searching and navigating for valid content,
- ability to share content and commentary with other users
- The collaborative BI features are the most used and in-demand for prominent enterprises – with more than 10K employees.
- Microsoft SharePoint has been the top preferred enterprise collaborative framework. Likewise, Microsoft Teams is rising from 5th to 2nd in rankings for 2020, and Jira holds third spot.
The study found that except IT, most business functions indicated collaboration and BI as either “very important” or “critical”. In fact, finance and operations teams mainly prioritize the search and navigate BI systems’ power combined with collaborative workflows.
In this context, Jim Ericson, Research Director at Dresner Advisory Services and Co-author of the report explains – “Importance of collaboration and BI tends to increase with organization size, but self-service is a significant topic for all companies seeking to better leverage vast information resources and a scarcity of expertise to drive improved group-based decision making in a governed fashion.”